RM Productions opened its doors in September 1999 by owner, director, and instructor, Rose A. McDonough, with a
mission of providing affordable quality dance education and performance opportunities to anyone who has the desire to
dance. Classes are offered in ballet, tap, jazz and lyrical for ages 3 through adult.
Rose began her dance training at the age of 5 studying with Miss Jean Smithers, whom was also her mother’s dance
teacher. She continued studying dance with such teachers as Connie Percozzi and Donna Dan. Rose was a student since
1979 and an instructor since 1988 for Deanna Hoffman/Deanna’s School of Dance. Rose purchased the business from
Deanna in the summer of 1999 and renamed the business Rose McDonough Productions.
Rose also took classes in modern and tap at WVU. She has continued her dance education through workshops and
seminars from such nationally known instructors as Jerry Rose, Gus Giordano, Debbie Dee, Lynda Gauche, David Howard,
Thommie Walsh, Jeff Hill and many others. Rose was involved in performance activities throughout school including flag
corp, Touch of Class Show Choir and competitive dance.
From these experiences Rose has put that knowledge to use through teaching. Since 1988 she has worked with
Sissonville Middle and High School, Sherman High School, South Charleston Middle School, McKinley Middle and St.
Albans High School flag corps. After completing 23 successful seasons with St. Albans High School flag corps, she
decided it was time to stretch her legs and try some new things. She is working as rifle and visual tech with the award
winning Hurricane High School flag corps and marching band. She is doing body tech and design work with St. Albans
High and is designer/choreographer for Greenbrier High School flag corps. Also in the Fall of 2015 she and longtime
friend Paul Miller began a joint venture in creating Movimiento Expressivo winterguard competing for the first time in the
winter of 2016.
In addition, Rose has choreographed for St. Albans (1993-2002) and Nitro High School Show Cats for seven years and
Riverside High Show Choir for three years. In 1993, she began the first dance team in Kanawha County at St. Albans High
School. She has also choreographed the following musical theatre productions: Little Abner and Grease for St. Albans
High School; and
Tommy, Ain’t Misbehavin, Return to the Forbidden Planet and Batboy for Charleston Stage Company.
In 1999, RM Productions began with two competitive groups. These groups have grown to now include a Senior Team,
Junior Team, Petite Team, Super Petite Team and a company class. We compete in tap, jazz, lyrical and contemporary in
small and large groups, solos duets and trios. RM Productions have won overall titles including 2 National
Championships in Tap with Encore, platinum scorings, best costume awards, best choreography awards, 2015 Star
Talent's Top Scoring Routine in Charleston, WV and best choreography. Participation is based on the student's
performance and dedication in regular classes including technical abilities and attitude.
The philosophy that RM Productions believes in is that everyone deserves the opportunity to dance. Dance is a passion
and a love that we want to share. So welcome, and thank you for visiting us.
|"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step."
--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
RM PRODUCTIONS DANCE STUDIO
Site Content: R. McDonough ▪ Site Design: T. Tolley ▪ Ad Photography: Price Portraits
© 2006-2014 All Rights Reserved
Web Calendar App by KeepandShare
||428 MacCorkle Ave.
So. Chas, WV 25303
Owner/Instructor: Rose A. McDonough
(pictured above: Miss Rose
as a child, helping a friend
prepare for a performance.)
|BALLET - POINTE - TAP
JAZZ - LYRICAL
Ages 3 - Adult
Competition teams by audition.
Studio Policy Statement - 2015/2016
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” Albert Einstein
Welcome to our new location at 428 MacCorkle Ave. across from White Dodge.
- RM Productions Studio Policy Statement – 2016/2017
1. Tuition payments are due at the first class of each month. Please include student name with the payment. You may leave payment with your instructor, in the
black payment box, or mail to: 14 Camden Circle, Apt. 107 Scott Depot,WV 25560. No mail can be received at the studio.
2. New students have a one-time registration fee of $25.
3. Tuition is not pro-rated for your attendance. A $15 late fee will be charged if payment is 30 days past due and will be charged per month. Tuition is not refunded
for classes not attended.
4. There is a $35 returned check fee. You must pay cash to retrieve the check.
5. In the case of bad weather, the procedure is as follows: A message will be left on the studio voicemail (304-766-8234) and website, facebook and twitter by 2:
00PM stating whether class is cancelled or not. Missed classes due to weather will be made up.
6. No running, jumping, climbing, hanging from equipment, touching, shoving or hitting allowed in the studio for the safety of all students and visitors. If equipment is
damaged, you will be responsible to replace it.
7. Appropriate dancewear/shoes are required at all classes. This includes the following: leotards, tights, dance skirts, sports bras, camis, fitted t-shirts, cropped
pants and fitted shorts with tights. Ballet skirt or shorts only with tights. Long pants are not suggested. Hair should be pulled away from face and preferably pulled
up. Competition teams must be leotards and dance shorts if necessary or skirt. Tights are MANDATORY!
8. Students, please bring a positive attitude to class. You are there to learn and grow as dancers.
9. Please bring refreshments, preferably water with you. No food in the classroom. No candy or gum!
10. Parents: We ask that you remain in the waiting room as to not disturb the class. The instructor will invite you in periodically to show you the progress of the
dancers. We want this to be a good solid learning experience that is also fun and entertaining.
11. Parking: You may park directly in the parking lot behind the building. We now have 2 studio rooms. When you register, you will be told Studio A for the room
on MacCorkle Avenue or Studio B for the room entrance at the rear of the building.
12. Please clean up after yourself! Parents do not allow young children unattended in the restroom/studio or waiting room. No toys in the restroom. No unattended
children please. This includes the dance store. Students must behave like ladies and gentleman.
13. Holidays observed by RM Productions: This year Election Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Spring Break (Kanawha County Schools). Specific
dates will be posted in the monthly newsletter. Please be sure you read the newsletter for important updates and information. A hard copy will be distributed in class
and also will be posted on the website.
14. Cell phones must be silenced in the classroom. If this continues to be a problem, the instructor reserves the right to keep the phone until the end of class.
15. There may be some class adjustments made the first few weeks of class due to ability levels and class size. We do limit class size, so please allow us time to
make these adjustments. Your child’s dance education is our main priority.
16. Please send any news items or announcements/accomplishments to email@example.com to be added to the website/newsletter.
17. Private lessons are an additional fee due to the instructor at the time the service is rendered. Cancellation policy is as follows: A no show will result in you
being responsible for paying for the lost time. Last minute cancellations will not be tolerated unless it is an emergency. Please contact your instructor as soon as
possible with changes.
18. Photos are posted on the website/facebook and instagram of the dancers; if there is anyone who does not wish to have his/her picture on the website/social
media, please let Rose know.
19. Costume payments are due in full by December 20th. Failure to pay means a costume will not be ordered.
20. Unpaid tuition will result in no costumes being ordered until tuition is paid and also will prevent performance in the annual recital.
Physical Address: 428 MacCorkle Ave. South Charleston, WV 25303
1/2 hour weekly class: $30 per month
45 minute weekly class: $40 per month
1 hour per week class: $50 per month
Each additional hour: $30 per month
Each additional 45 minutes: $25 per month
Each additional 1/2 hour: $20 per month
Private Lessons: $15 per half hour/payable at time of lesson (see agreement)
Please make all checks payable to: RM Productions. (There will be a $35.00 fee for returned checks.
Please include student name on all checks/correspondence.
10% discount for ages 55 and over and tuition paid at open house.: